Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Badlands

While in South Dakota we toured the Badlands. I haven't taken Jonathon before because I was afraid he would obsess on going back, just as he has obsessed over the T-Rex dinosaur at Wall Drug, which is outside the Badlands. I'm not a fan of going to Wall Drug as the drive is LONG and there is not much out there. Surprisingly, Jonathon didn't seem as fascinated as I thought he would be, but then again we ended up doing the usual "speed tour" that we do when Jonathon is with us.

We were out in the middle of nowhere in the Badlands when Jonathon said, "I have to go to the bathroom. You better hurry Vickie." I pulled over and told him to just go outside, quickly. Soon, too soon, he was back in the truck. I asked him if he went and he informed me that he didn't have to go pee, but he was going to have "poop mush." GREAT! I was not about to try to teach him how to go  #2 outside, so checking the map we discovered we were 12 miles away from a campground. I put the pedal to the metal and the speed tour of the Badlands began! He made it to the porta potty just in time!

A few hours later, as we were heading back to my parents, Jonathon started having a blow up. It got to the point that I needed to get him out of the vehicle and get some space between him and us. I told him I was going to stop at a rest area and asked if he knew what that was. He told me "we make it rain." I was confused by his response so I just said "okay..." and explained that we get out fo the vehicle, walk around and go potty at a rest area. I pulled up to the rest area, Grama and Grampa got out and went in to use the restrooms and Jonathon headed to the bushes and trees across the picnic area. I was so proud of him for putting space between himself and us! I was thinking WOW! Maybe he's getting it! He realizes he needs to go and be by himself for a bit! I was impressed... until I looked over and... looked again... and... realized he had WALKED over to the bushes and trees and was "making it rain?"

OH GOOD LORD!

Thankfully there was only one vehicle in the parking lot and they couldn't see him relieving himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment