Monday, February 28, 2011

A Gesture of Love

The best purchase Tim and I ever made was a heated mattress pad! Living in the north it makes those bitterly cold nights a bit more bearable at bedtime. That is IF you remember to turn the pad on before bedtime.
A couple of weeks ago, Jonathon headed downstairs to take his shower, so I asked him to turn on my bed. I partially asked him because I was being lazy and didn’t want to go downstairs and partially to see if he could follow my directions. I was pleasantly surprised when I went to bed that night and my bed was nice and toasty warm! For me to make a verbal request and expect him to carry it out, after walking downstairs, when his main mission was a shower, is huge!
Last night I went to go to bed and saw red lights glowing from the mattress pad dial. I thought it was odd that Tim would turn the bed on since he left for work at 4:00 in the afternoon. I stood there beside the bed, running my hands over the sheets, feeling the warmth and wondering if Jonathon could have possibly turned it on when he came down for his shower.
Jonathon has a hard time expressing what he has or hasn’t done, so I gave Tim a quick call. Tim confirmed my hope. Jonathon went down to shower, and thought about ME! He turned the bed on for ME! The thought process that it took for him to think beyond himself and meeting the needs of someone else is an incredible step! It may not have been a verbal I love you, but I say it’s pretty damn close.
Yes, I slept well.

No comments:

Post a Comment