Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Memories

This is a true event! If you know my family... this is typical!

About nine or ten years ago, Jonathon was set on going up to South Dakota to scare all of our relatives for Halloween. He wanted to be Frankenstein.

We got him all dressed up and he scared the Grama's, the Grampa's, the aunts, uncles and cousins. On Sunday we were to head home, after stopping in Rapid City to scare one more person... my aunt Joyce. I got Jonathon dressed up in his Frankenstein outfit and we headed to Rapid City. We weren't very far down the road when my Mom called and said they were concerned, as no one had been able to get a hold of my aunt... the one we were going to scare. She was 78 years old at the time, so we were concerned.

By the time we got to Rapid City one of my uncles, a brother and the police were at my aunt's house. My aunt had passed away.

My aunt Joyce would have laughed at the scene that followed... her house was crawling with the police, family arriving, neighbors out on their lawns looking to see what was going on... and here's Jonathon... dressed as Frankenstein (with hair painted black and stiffened to create the perfect "pokey hair" - as Jonathon called it), green painted face with bolts sticking out his neck, walking around her yard making his Frankenstein noises and doing his Frankenstein walk ... and her... my aunt... dead... on the couch! I can only imagine the neighbors trying to figure out WHY Frankenstein would be walking around her yard at a time like this!

I had to giggle and think... ONLY IN THIS FAMILY!

No comments:

Post a Comment