Thursday, March 29, 2012

Laundry

The other day, as I was getting ready to do the laundry, I called upstairs for Jonathon to come down and help. I could hear his grumbly response of "oh alright!" Now, I don't want anyone to get the impression that I give an order and he comes running. It usually takes him anywhere from a few minutes to quite some time, with reminders, to disconnect from what he is doing to come and see what I have in store for him. He needs that time to get used to the idea that he is about to have to do a chore. If I try to force him to come before he is ready... the only thing that will be accomplished is behavior problems, so I give him the time he needs, but always encouraging him to "come on." When he got downstairs and I told him he needed to right his pant legs. He was quite entertaining!

Afraid of getting germs on his hands, he decided the best method to right the pant legs was to shake the living daylights out of them! I showed him how to grab the end of the pant leg and pull it through, but he wasn't having any of "those germs" getting on his hands! He then asked, "first I fix my pant legs and then what?" That's code for, I'm doing a chore, so you will need to give me money dollars for my labor! I told him "I am not paying you to fix your own pant legs!" He asked "why not money dollars for the pant legs?" "Uhmmmm, because they're your pants!" I have to say, he did take my response better than I thought he would... of course, I did tell him and then walked off! Nice try though, to get paid for taking care of your own things! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment