Monday, April 4, 2011

DRAT those videos!

I will be glad when I get this presentation I'm working on done! I've been asked to present to graduate students at EKU later this month. The proffesor has asked me to talk about the transition process from school to adulthood (about Jonathon's businesses). What we've found useful over the years from professionals etc...
When I'm attending a presentation I like to see what different people with autism look like. What were they like as a child and youth compared to where they are at now. It isn't that I think, oh that's what Jonathon will be like, but I want to see what could be possible for him. So, I decided to look through the old home videos... I know... this is the second time I'm writing about them so obviously I've got issues with them! I just don't know where to put those emotions that come up from watching the videos. I wish I could find a happy medium with my emotions of him as a baby/toddler. Part of it is I'm not a person to live in the past and spend a lot of time thinking about what could've been, so to go back there is very difficult. If I stayed in a place of what if's I would be neglectful of what is.
I've come to the conclusion that if I want to get through my presentation without blubbering I'd better stick to showing video clips of Jonathon in his early diagnosis and skip the pre-diagnosis videos! 
DRAT those videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment