Friday, April 15, 2011

I can't do Glenrock! Update!

Out of the frustration of "I can't do Glenrock" has come, my favorite thing... PROGRESS!!!
Years of Jonathon's negative commentary about Glenrock has been pinpointed! I knew he didn't hate everything Glenrock, but getting him to realize that and verbalize it, is another story.
From our discussions of moving, Jonathon has narrowed his dislike of Glenrock to... "I like the Glenrock. I don't like the police mans. They will destroy me!"
I am thrilled for him, and us! Not because he thinks the police will "destroy" him! We've been dealing with the police issue for six years now. I'm not sure how to help him work through his dislike of the police, but we will continue to try to help him figure out that they're here for safety, not to hurt. For today though, I'm just going to enjoy the progress we've made!

No comments:

Post a Comment