Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's...PROGRESS!!

My sister is getting her home ready for an appraisal, so Jonathon and I have been helping out. This morning I showed him the carpet staples in the stairs that needed to be removed. I gave him a screwdriver and put him to work while I went into the other room to get started on my project.
After a few minutes Jonathon came and found me, he didn't know the name of the tool he needed so he took his hand and made the motion for a pair of pliers. I gave him the pliers and he went right back to his job. Once done, he found me and told me he his chore was completed. I gave him the shop vac and told him to clean up all the staples, dirt, etc... As he was cleaning up he came across staples he had missed. On his own, he retrieved his tools and went back to complete the task at hand, pulling the staples and continued to finish up the vacuuming!  I am so very proud of him!
I have always known Jonathon was more of a physical work type person, but this job also showed me a huge growth in maturity. To stay on task without direct supervision, to find the tools needed to complete the task and go right back to work to finish is HUGE! The job must have taken him a good 45 minutes. That's 45 MINUTES of sustained attention to a task!! WOW!  He absolutely amazes me!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a job well done Jonathon and Congrats to you too.

    ReplyDelete