Thursday, September 22, 2011

Smile

I am extremely happy to be able to report that Jonathon is doing really well this Fall! As I previously posted, Fall is a difficult time for him. For years we have seen huge increases in his aggressive behavior in the Fall. He's just unsettled, not happy. Not that Jonathon EVER wants to be happy! The thought of "happy thoughts" freaks him out and he will tell you that! This Fall has been different.

He is more tolerant, more attentive. Today has been a tearful day for me. Feeling overwhelmed. I was in tears and decided to take Jonathon for a walk to get out of the house. As we're walking Jonathon asked "Vickie Honey, (his new name for me) you are crying and sad. What's wrong with you? Huh?" I told him I was sad about a lot of things right now. He responded "After you are crying and sad we are here to help you smile." And we walked on. He didn't reprimand me and tell me not to cry. He let me cry. It was okay to cry.

I have no doubt he will help me smile again.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it takes the thing that frustrates us most to help us see. God works thru many different ways. Stay strong Vickie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me have a lump in my throut. wow talk about bridging a gap, it sounds like J has made a huge jump in noticing you need some time to adjust to all of your losses this year. YOU are an awesome mom.

    ReplyDelete