Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sorry!

Sorry everyone! I just haven't felt like writing lately. Life's been hard since my niece's death, but we are moving forward, carrying her memory with us.

A few weeks ago Jonathon and I were dancing around the living room being silly. I thought how my niece would laugh at me if she could see us. Just as Jonathon and I stopped  dancing the song 'If I Die Young,' which was played at her funeral came on the radio. I started crying. Jonathon had his back to me, but turned and said "What?" I hugged him and he said (in a rather irritated voice) "you are crying and hugging me for lots of times Vickie!"
What progress he has made! For him to notice that I'm sad and to be able to verbalize that he's over my emotional state... that's PROGRESS!! There were many times when he had no idea why I would be sad or tearful. Progress can come for our kids. It just may take a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment