Thursday, January 19, 2012

Stealing

We ran in to Casper today to pick up some paint from Home Depot. Jonathon was struggling with echolalia so in an attempt to "turn off" the movies playing in his head I thought I'd talk to him about why we checkout at the stores and pay for our stuff. Yeah... the conversation didn't go as I'd planned... surprise, surprise!

I commented, " Jonathon it's important to go through the checkout and pay for our stuff because..." "With the dollars we pay for our stuff." "Yes, we use money to buy the things we want. If we walked out without paying for the stuff... (no response) what would happen?" Jonathon's response... "we will have our money dollars for Disneyland."

NOT the answer of, we could get in trouble, the police might be called, etc..., that I was looking for! Technically he is right! We would indeed still have our "money dollars," but it'd probably go toward court fees, attorney, etc...  Don't think I'll try to brooch the subject of court/attorney fees for not paying for our merchandise!

Oh Jonathon! You make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment