Friday, March 9, 2012

Reunited and it feels so... autistic!

I just got back from my two week trip out to Kentucky to see our daughter. I went by myself, leaving Jonathon in the care of Tim, my sister and niece. On the plane ride home I was thinking of a reunion comparable to those in the movies... you know... arms outstretched, running to your loved one, a big hug and kiss, maybe even a tear or two... yeah right! That is definitely Hollywood when it comes to my family! There was no running, I've missed you, I'm so glad you're back airport reunion!
When I walked into our hotel room (I had to take a shuttle to the hotel because my husband hates driving in larger cities so, that right there threw my airport reunion dream out the window!) Jonathon looked over at me from his computer as I exclaimed, "JONATHON!" and outstretched my arms and stood there... waiting... expectantly... waiting... and waiting... Finally, he again looks up from the holy grail, his computer, and says "Vickie."
Thinking he hasn't REALLY seen me yet, with my outstretched expectant arms, I move in closer, eyes wider than before, smiling even bigger to announce my arrival... waiting... waiting... nothing! Determined to get an "Oh My God You Are Back" reaction, I again move in closer, stretch my arms out even further, open my eyes even wider, smile even bigger and again, with even more oomph exclaim, "JONATHON!" He looked at me again, as I made my "TA DA! HERE I AM" motion, to which he outstretched his arms, plastered on his autistic smile, replied "Vickie" and mimicked my "TA DA! HERE I AM!"

So much for a Hollywood reunion! I decided I should just lay it on the line and asked for a hug, to which he replied "Oh yes, Vickie, oh yes."

He keeps me humble, that's all I can say!

No comments:

Post a Comment