Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Wings

It's often hard to read between the lines of Jonathon's communication style to try to figure out what he is thinking and trying to communicate to us, or to the world. Death is still a topic of great concern to him. As I have said before, his cognitive abilities are around that of a five year old, which would align with his vision of what it will mean to be dead.

On our way into the dentist today, Jonathon mentioned that he didn't want his heart buried in the cemetary with his bones and skin. I explained, that even though our bones and skin stay here on earth, the good part, our spirit, that lives inside of us, will go to heaven. I could tell by his calmness that he really wanted to listen, concentrate and understand. He was a bit put off that his body would have to stay here, so I said "oh, it's ok! You won't need your bones and skin in heaven!"
He replied, "I won't?... What about my wings?"

Oh Jonathon, you will have your wings.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully spoken word from both of you! Jonathon has a better grip on things than most of the adults I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim! Jonathon's innocence is so beautiful! I think he does have a better understanding then we do.

    ReplyDelete