Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Anniversary

It’s been 26 years ago today that Tim and I were married. That day, when we were so young and excited to start our lives together, seems so long ago. I’m convinced the reason people cannot see their future is they would not have the courage to live their lives if they knew the challenges they were to face.
There have been plenty of times when each of us could have decided to walk away from our marriage, but we didn’t. We chose to stay and work through whatever challenge we were facing. For everything we have been through over the years with Jonathon… there is no way either of us could have done it alone.
Thank you Tim for being my partner and for sharing the joy our son brings to both of us.
I love you.          

2 comments:

  1. Vickie, you've hit upon the secret of long marriages...not walking away when you could have! I think every couple has those moments. So many times, a couple with a special child do walk away to the detriment of all involved! You and Tim are a shining example of healthy relationship!

    Uncle Dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Uncle Dick... years ago Tim and I were struggling and a dear friend of mine (I think she was tired of listening to me bitch) basically told me that I needed to decide, and that it was a conscious decision, if I was going to move away from or move back toward my relationship. Her words have stayed with me for many years now.
    It's either that or the fact that Tim and I like to torment each other too much to set the other free!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete