Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Looong Story

Last night was one of those looong nights that would not end! Who hasn't experienced a night where every time you look at the alarm clock you do the mental count down to the number of hours of sleep you could still possibly get if you stopped looking at the clock and went to sleep?!
I actually could have slept, but someone, JONATHON, talked all night long! It can be common for persons with autism to have sleep difficulties. Without night meds Jonathon does not get  restful sleep. I was a bit confused by his commentary, as I had heard Tim talking to him about taking his night medicine.
Throughout the night he vacillated between two scenes from Aladin, "I didn't have to, but did. I rescued you, you, Aladin, Jasmine and people and I rescued you, and I rescued you, and you and you!" and "Jafar is large and in charge!"
Finally around 1:30 a.m. I covered my head with the heaviest pillow I could find and fell asleep until 4:30 a.m. when Aladin, Jasmine and the people penetrated my pillow barricade!
Once up, I asked Jonathon why he talked all night long. He responded "I had a long story to tell." I don't know about a long story but it was definitely a repetitive story!
Upon further investigation it turns out Tim couldn't find one of his meds, so he didn't get it. Obviously the most important med that allows EVERYONE in the house to get a night's sleep!  

No comments:

Post a Comment