Sunday, November 20, 2011

Daddy Tim

Today is Daddy Tim's birthday so in honor of him my post is about him.

Early in our relationship I knew Tim wanted to be a Dad more than anything. The births of our children Lindsey and Jonathon were definite highlights in his life.

He was so proud of Lindsey and like many new Dads wanted to show her off to his Navy buddies. The problem was the hospital would only allow family in to see the baby. So what does Tim do when he brought two of his buddies to the hospital to show off his little girl... he told the nursing staff "we're not sure who the Dad is so we're all here to take a look!" OMG! Could've killed him! LOL! Obviously the hospital thought he was pretty funny too since they let them all in... or they thought I was a tramp! At her birth and for weeks after, Tim would look at me with tearful eyes and tell me "Thank you. Thank you so much."

When Jonathon was born he was a BIG baby... Jonathon, not Tim... well Tim was pretty tearful! The hospital asked if an intern doc could be in the room while I delivered... when a woman is about to give birth she really doesn't care if a marching band comes through, so I said "sure." The minute Jonathon came into the world Tim cried... a lot! So much so that the intern asked me if Tim was ok! I said "yes, he did this at our daughter's birth as well. He's fine!" Tim was so excited to see how much Jonathon would weigh. He couldn't wait for the hospital to weigh him. In fact, he followed them up to the room where they weighed the babies. You'd have thought Tim had just caught the biggest fish of his life! He was so thrilled. Jonathon weighed in at 9lbs. 6oz. and was 23 inches long!

The other day I was commenting to Tim that I wished we'd have had more kids. Tim's response was... "I'm happy with the two we've got and I'm so proud of them."

Happy birthday Tim and thank you for being a Dad who has great love and joy for our kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment