Saturday, November 5, 2011

Desperate Measures

The other day Jonathon woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I'm not sure what caused his mood. Usually he's easy going when he wakes up. As the day went on his agitation increased so my sister in law, niece, nephew and I decided to take him to the town park to throw rocks in the water... one of his favorite activities.

It was a cold day, a mere 14 degrees outside. Plus, the wind was blowing a bit so it was probably even colder with the wind chill. My sister in law and I sat in the vehicle while the kids went down to the water. After awhile my niece came to the vehicle and said Jonathon wanted us to come to the water, so we headed to the creek.

Jonathon rarely goes in the water so I was surprised to see his shoes and about 6" of his pant legs wet. When questioned about how he got wet he said he'd slipped on the mud and slid into the water. With it being so cold out I told him we needed to leave and go home so he could get out of his wet shoes and clothes. He was NOT happy with me. He wanted to stay and throw rocks and sticks in the water. After a few minutes of trying to convince him by telling him he could get frost bite, his feet could get sick, and him not cooperating... I got a little desperate... okay, I got a lot desperate! He wouldn't listen to reason as he was still in a bad mood, so I told him he had to get in the car or his feet would get sick and he'd end up a peg leg! I know... it's horrible! But I can't exactly pick up a 225 pound 6'2" man and put him in the car! It did work. He got in the car, we got home and he got out of his wet clothes. It isn't like I lied... I just gave the most extreme consequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment