Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dragon's butt

I'm in the process of cleaning out 26 years worth of junk in the hopes to ease the load with the impending move. Funny how I've found things that, at some point, I thought we couldn't live without and now it just looks like junk!
I found the body to Jonathon's Chinese Dragon that I'd made him a few years back for Halloween. He keeps the paper mache head of the dragon in his bedroom, but the body had disappeared.
Jonathon ALWAYS insists on driving to South Dakota to dress up and scare the Grandparents for Halloween. On our way up to SD that year we decided to stop in Gillette to scare Jonathon's cousins.
We got out of the car and I tried to convince Jonathon that I should be the head of the dragon since it was our debut as a dragon. He insisted that he was the head and I was the butt, so I was the butt.
We went into the house and the head of the dragon just kind of stood there and roared. I thought it would be entertaining to dance around, make noise, shake the dragon tail, twirling it all around shaking the bells... basically being a big goofball. Imagine my surprise when I emerge from the dragon's rear to see a man, I didn't know, standing in my brother's living room! Yeah... that was embarrassing!
Today looking at the dragon's body I asked Jonathon if he wanted to be the dragon this year and I could be the head this time and he could be the butt. Yeah, even he knows a demotion when he sees it!   

No comments:

Post a Comment