Saturday, May 7, 2011

Helping

This morning we're headed to the garage to clean. I knew Jonathon would balk at my weekend project and sure enough he did. When I told him we needed to get the garage cleaned out his response was "why in the heck should I help you?!" He caught me off guard since it wasn't his usual protest of "I can't clean! You can do it!," I spun around and said "WHAT did you say?" to which he repeated "why in the heck should I help you?" It sounded very scripted so I asked where he had heard it from and he did name the movie he was copying. As his mother it was my job to inform him why he needed to help... because you live here!
I'll let you know how the clean up goes!

2 comments:

  1. Jonathon has resigned to helping! He just said "I can work hard in the garage. Oh very well." :) :) :)
    He usually will protest for a bit but does come around to the idea of helping. I guess it's kind of like me with exercise... gotta bitch before I do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to report back that Jonathon worked hard in the yard. We hauled away a truck load of wood pallets, old lumber, doors, etc... We didn't actually get to the garage, but that's ok. He stayed and worked hard for at least an hour and then he was done! I was trying to encourage him to stay and help a bit longer, but we were headed for a blow up. I had him complete one more little chore and then excused him for a break hoping the blow up would be averted. It worked! I gave him an extended break so he could get himself regulated. He came back out after about an hour and was asking what needed to be done, so we could go to the movie. He pitched right in and hauled the things I needed moved. He did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete