Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Maggot

Yesterday Jonathon was a trooper at helping around the house. There was no complaining, he did everything I requested of him. He split and hauled firewood, he gathered up the laundry and threw it down the stairs to be washed, he vacuumed, he shredded papers, he fixed his own lunch, he even willingly sat down and worked on learning money with me. He did an awesome job all day long, so at the end of the day I went into the computer room to thank him.
I told him what a hard worker he had been and I was so proud of him. I said "I'm so proud of you I could just kiss you!" His response was, of course, "with the noses." He doesn't kiss with the lips because, duh, they have germs! He only gives Eskimo kisses. I asked if I could give him a lip kiss on his shoulder, on his shirt... "NO!" I resorted to "please, please, please, just one lip kiss?" He obviously interpreted my actions as being completely out of control because he replied "GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF YOU MAGGOT!"
So, no lip kiss for me, but I did get a good laugh and an Eskimo kiss. And again... he makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment